Top Procurement Events for 2023
Hear from industry experts and keep up-to-date with the latest innovation in procurement by adding these upcoming, must visit, procurement events to your calendar in the first quarter of 2023.
ICSCM2023, 4th International Conference on Supply Chain Management
Macau, China | 13-15 January 2023
This academic conference – co-located with the International Conference on Computers in Management and Business – describes its main purpose as providing an international platform for presenting and publishing the latest scientific research outcomes on supply chain management. There will be opportunities for delegates to exchange new ideas, and to network with others, alongside the conference sessions. There is an optional tour, still to be confirmed, on the third day of the event.
Keynote speakers include Fugee TSUNG, Professor, HKUST (Guangzhou), Hong Kong, and Kwong Meng Teo, Senior Scientist, Huawei Technologies, 2012 Research Labs, China.
8th Annual Strategic Sourcing & Procurement MENA Summit
Dubai, UAE 24-25 | January 2023
Another hybrid event, the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement MENA Summit will offer delegates information on addressing current procurement challenges, focusing on areas such as category management, cost optimisation and risk mitigation. There will be case studies and discussions on e-procurement, plus solutions-based sessions on leadership in procurement.
Speakers will include experts from leading banks, telecoms, airlines, hotels, retailers, and other cross-industry companies, such as Emmanuel Augustin, Vice President Supply Chain Management | CPO, Dubai Airports and Kazim Duman, Director of Procurement, Rixos Hotels.
The agenda will cover:
- Building a Sustainable Future
- Risk Mitigation and Management
- Prioritizing ESG: Procurement’s Role in Standardizing Sustainability
- Cost Reduction and Value Generation
- Talent Development and Acquisition Role in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- From Good to Great in Digital Transformation
- Leadership in Procurement Management
- The Future of the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
Procurement Futures London
UK | 1-2 February 2023
Held at the QEII Centre in central London, Procurement Futures is a new conference, launching in 2023. It promises delegates the chance to find out how to make supply chains more resilient, with thought-provoking and presentations and discussions designed to inform and inspire.
There is a flexible programme of content that can be tailored to attendees’ preferences, with networking opportunities throughout and a huge variety of sessions to attend and take part in. This CIPS event has three streams of content: Insights, Ignite and Interact. Insights will showcase presentations and panel discussions from leaders, Ignite will consist of hands-on workshops to help delegates optimise their procurement strategies and Interact will be smaller groups taking part in interactive roundtables and debates.
Speakers across the two days will include Ross Grierson, Director of Procurement, Primark; Patrick Dunne, Director of Group Property, FM & Procurement (CPO), Sainsburys Plc; Rebecca Simpson, Procurement and Supply Chain Director, Balfour Beatty; and Nick Jenkinson, Chief Procurement Officer, Santander.
In addition, delegates are able to book a one-to-one career workshop, where they’ll get advice on professional development from coaches covering a variety of specialisms.
3rd World Digital Procurement Summit
Berlin, Germany | 2-3 March 2023
The third World Digital Procurement Summit is aimed at procurement directors, VPs, managers and other industry specialists. The two-day event will focus on accelerating procurement processes, adopting emerging technologies, finding the right talent, overcoming the barriers to progress and embarking on a journey of transformation. It’s a hybrid event, bringing together procurement experts from various industries, which will maximise knowledge exchange opportunities. The event organisers list five key learning points for delegates:
- Exploring the latest advances in data and cognitive technologies to gain greater insights and improve procurement processes
- Overhauling the procurement ecosystem with new technologies and strategies to drive business value
- Sharing the best practices of monitoring and managing a range of risks to hedge against future disruptions
- Developing capabilities and skillsets required for the digital transformation of procurement
- Defining ESG metrics of the procurement strategy to ensure business continuity
Speakers will include Paul Harlington, Group Procurement Director at TUI Group and Patrick Foelck, Head of Strategy and Transformation Procurement at Roche.
Women in Procurement & Supply Chain
Sydney, Australia | 6-8 March 2023
Returning for its 8th annual event, Women in Procurement & Supply Chain will deliver two days dedicated to leadership and the future of procurement. The event will feature a series of exclusive panel discussions and keynote addresses examining career development, overcoming imposter syndrome, working with confidence, developing an unbeatable talent pool, mentoring, diversity and inclusivity. It will also address risk mitigation, digital disruption, ESG, sustainability, economic development, ethical sourcing, category management, cultural diversity, strategic sourcing, supplier relationships, procurement with purpose, and supply chain resilience. There are two pre-conference masterclass options on 6 March – that can be booked separately – covering either contract law or leadership skills.
Some of the reasons to attend include:
- Discover the path to taking your procurement career to a new level while elevating your organisation with dedicated days on leadership and the future of procurement
- Learn best practice strategies to facedown supply chain vulnerabilities and reduce risk exposure
- Get ahead of the game with insights into the future of procurement and the impact of globalisation on modern supply chains
- Put yourself at the cutting edge of ESG and procurement with the latest updates and trends in procurement with purpose
Speakers for the main two-day conference include Michelle Richard, Director of Procurement, Thales; Karina Davies, Chief Procurement Officer, icare NSW; and Kylie McKinlay, Procurement Partner – Property and Business, Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Americas Procurement Congress
Miami, USA | 21-22 March 2023
With a focus on what makes CPOs tick, the Americas Procurement Congress will feature the region’s most progressive CPOs sharing their expertise in keynote presentations and working groups. Giving delegates the tools to stay on the cutting edge of procurement developments, there are also sessions aimed at those with responsibilities over governance, procurement capabilities and quantifying data. Unsurprisingly, sustainability will also be a key theme in 2023, and attendees will hear from a diverse range of sustainability leaders about how to transition from traditional metrics to a purpose-driven function.
The agenda for Americas Procurement Congress 2023 will include:
- Sustainability of the future
- How to transition from traditional metrics to a purpose-driven function
- Harnessing the power of digital transformation
- Utilizing data as a driver of sustainable value, supply continuity and transparency
- Agile procurement
- New approaches and skills that facilitate speed and agility
- Frictionless procurement
- Removing friction from the procurement process to support high-velocity sourcing
- Beyond Just in Time
- Designing future-fit supply networks for an age of chaos and conflict